To leverage the skills and expertise in our community, we invite not-for-profit and non-profit community organizations to apply to organize and lead their own public program at the Library for a one-year period.
We provide the platform; you provide the program!
The library will commit to the following:
- Providing a consistent space at Old Town Library, Harmony Library, or Council Tree Library
- Promoting community-led programs via Library communication channels
- Providing limited A/V equipment when agreed upon in advance
- Providing limited staff assistance setting up and cleaning up program
Selected organizations will commit to the following:
- Running their program at least four times per year, in person, at one of our library locations
- Providing the program at no cost to the library or community
- Following all library policies, including being free of charge and open to the public
- Communicating promptly and regularly with their library staff liaison
We can only grant a limited number of community-led programming opportunities. Therefore, library staff will collaboratively choose community-led programs that best align with the following criteria:
- The Library's Mission, Values, and Strategic Plan
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and cultural competence
- Audience appeal and emerging community interests
- Quality of program content and delivery
- Community response and program effectiveness
We cannot consider programs that include the following types of content:
- Content that advocates for specific political action, attempts to influence the passage or defeat of ballot issues, or that promotes candidates for political office
- Content that promotes a single religious belief or practice
- Content that advocates for violence or intolerance
- Content that advocates the violation of Municipal, State, or Federal laws
We accept applications for community-led programs twice per year, in August and March. Organizations must re-apply for a community-led programming spot each year.
If a community-led program doesn't sound like the right fit for you, other opportunities may be available. Please fill out a General Program Application instead.