Tips For Navigating Our Events Calendar
We have a lot going on at the Library! In order to help you keep track of the events and workshops we put on throughout the year, we have an up-to-date events calendar.
In addition, we've added ways to help you narrow your searches, find events close to you and easily view the calendar in more than one way. Below are a list of tips and tricks to help you navigate our calendar.
- Locations Filter: If you prefer attending events that are close to home, click the Location button at the top. Use the dropdown menu to filter events you see in the calendar by which library they are located at. If you live close to Old Town library, check the box next to "Old Town" and uncheck everything else. Then click "Search". WaLa! Now you're only seeing events held at the branch closest to you.
- Event Type Filter: Similarly, you can also filter the events you see based on event type (classes, meetings, storytimes etc.) or age group. Check the boxes you wish to see and uncheck the boxes you wish to hide. Then press "Search" when you are finished.
- Age Group Filter: Select one or more age groups to filter events by. By the way, you can also combine any of these filters, then click "Search" to see the results.
- Keyword Search: The calendar also has a keyword search feature. For example, you can search "science" and find all the events that pertain to that specific keyword. This feature also works great if you know which event you want to attend but have forgotten the date. Just search for the event's name and the calendar will pull up only that event.
- Registration: Some events require registration. Remember that if an event has an icon of a person next to it registration is required. Click on the event to learn more and to register for it.
- Views: Depending on your viewing style, you can choose to see the events in "Calendar View" or "List View". Just click the button at the top of the calendar next to "View".
- Mobile Design: On the go? Check what's going on at the Library. You will see the "List View" which is a very convenient to use on your phone. You can also print out a copy of the event, send it to twitter, facebook, or email to yourself and others.